South Africa

Townships surround the perimeter of Cape Town where a large portion of the population lives. The houses are as small as fishing shanties. Supposively 70% of the South African population lives in Townships. The other 30% drive around brand new BMWs, Mercedes, and have large mansions on the sides of the mountains that overlook the ocean. In this picture, some of the nicer people in the township dressed up and prepared to dance for the UCT International students during our first week in Cape Town. [photo by: Ronnie Schildge]
Township
joelmueller.com next